Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tonight's UNC Duke Game

My wife and I both forgot our anniversary this year and had it not been for a post on the MyFamily.com site we probably would still be totally oblivious to it. I'm sure some would get mad or hold a grudge but we both just died laughing. I guess that's what three little boys will do to you.

Now you may be wondering what the heck that has to do with the UNC Duke game tonight. Well they are not totally related but I did completely forget the game was tonight. Granted it's not an wedding anniversary or our kids birthday but when you are UNC fan it does rank pretty high. Luckily our friends (Steve and Lindsay) came over for a little while tonight to visit and asked if I was going to watch the game. THANKS GUYS!!!

Anyway, I guess I could have predicted the outcome seeing as though it's been a week of let downs. With Romney pretty much getting dogged by the Straight Talk Express and Huck on Super Tuesday, Carter being pretty darn sick (ear infection, eye infection, runny nose, cough, no sleep) and work being full of fun process mapping meetings. Well imagine my shock when I turned on the tube to find out that Lawson our starting point guard and potential All American had injured his ankle against Florida State and would not play. That left 3rd string PG Quinton "Human Turnover" Thomas to run the show. He didn't disappoint. The Heels looked out of sync all game with Tyler being the only one that came to play. It's clear that Lawson is a difference maker and without him the Heels don't have a chance at a title run. Hopefully he'll be ready to go against Clemson on Sunday. Carolina has never lost to Clemson in Chapel Hill, but they are tougher this year than normal and it should be a good game.

Happy anniversary Leah, 10 months and 9 days early this year. Maybe I should find one of those calendar ticker things that some people have on their blogs to track important dates.

Photobucket

No comments: