Friday, May 30, 2008

Soooooo....How are you?

Yeah I know it's been forever. February (my last post) seems so far away but at the same time I don't even remember what happened to March, April, or even May. Nationwide's commercials are spot on..."Life comes at you fast."

Speaking of the Nationwide commercials, did you hear about who's going to be in their latest "Life Comes at You Fast" commercial. None other than infamous American Idol Sanjaya. Wow he just won't go away.

I digress. The real reason I decided to post again is more selfish than anything really. We recently got a very nice Nikon dSLR camera and my uber talented photography guru sister inlaw Aly (www.alydart.com) spent some time over the Memorial day weekend showing me some of the ropes of using the camera. Although my subjects were mostly moving little boys I managed to take a few pictures that I felt good enough about to edit. So I really wanted to just post the edited pictures and get Aly's feedback.

Don't go easy on me Aly. I need the truth and nothing but the truth or I will not get better. I'm a big boy. I can take the harsh realities of my photographic noobieness.

Ok so here they are.

This one was taken before my tutoring but I really think something of the subjects and felt like editing it.
Photobucket

The next two were from Memorial Day at Grandma and Pas house.
Photobucket

Photobucket


This one I was just playing with the color saturation. I know it's Grayish. I was trying to just pull out a few colors
Photobucket

I actually didn't take this one. Leah did. This is Payson, our friends little boy. He had such a big smile I felt like I needed to edit it and send it to Quinton and Michelle.
Photobucket

So those are it for now. Aly if you don't feel comfortable criticizing me in a comment then let me have it via email or you can always call me. Whichever is easiest for you.

As for Blogging I'll be back sooner rather than later. I promise we will not reach the 3+ month mark again.

3 comments:

Susan Hancock said...

Hey Rod!
Love the pictures- you are a guru yourself. I'll let Aly know that you've got these online so she can look them over.

We sure enjoyed having Jackson last week. He's so much fun!!

See you soon.

Aly said...

Rodney,

I've been trying to think of some constructive criticism to give, but I really can't. These all look really good. The main things I'd critique (on ILP) are exposure, clarity, and composition. I think you nailed all three. I don't see any hot spots, they look perfectly in focus, and you've really got a grip on the rule of thirds. My advice would be to keep reading in understanding exposure and going on ILP. That's how I learned the most. I'll be glad to crtique any time you want, but this time, there's nothing to say! Aly

leah said...

It's not been 3+ months but it has been 1, yo!